pspp-dev

Re: possible workarounds for mingw setup

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: possible workarounds for mingw setup
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 23:11:17 +0200

Hi Ben

I guess it is easier if Michel has the ability to create a working version, maybe  as a proof of concept. (My work for the cygwin  setup showed me that there is a big differences for a program on a Linux platform or on a Windows platform.) When work arounds are used, you can see what and how many issues need a solution.  It is still possible that he finds some unsolvable problem. Fortunately it looks as if all issues are solvable.  And in potention the MinGW installation is better as the Cygwin installation. Let us see what happens.

Have fun

2008/10/6 Ben Pfaff <>
unknown-1 <l> writes:

>>The first is to fix the problem of it only works if unpacked on C:\msys,
>
> A partial work around could be if the installer patches the drive character in
> the installation. So an end user can, at install time, decide wether it is C:\
> msys D:\msys etc. Still no solution for networks etc, but it might work for a
> lot of users. (I didn't check this!)

I really do think that --enable-relocatable is a full solution
for this.  If there are problems with it, then please do report
them and we will do our best to fix them.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org