pspp-dev

Unsupported feautures in mingw

From: unknown-1
Subject: Unsupported feautures in mingw
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:04:48 +0200

Hi

Currently I am looking at Mingw as option for a windows port of PSPP. After dumping the Cygwin integration and working with plain Mingw this may work. However, I get a lot of errors. One of the errors is about "ftello". After google-ing a bit I found:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/ftello.html
On other problem is fseeko and SIGTERM etc. Here I found:
http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-dev/2005-September/000644.html

I guess this, and other problems like these, have to be fixed within PSPP before mingw can be used. It is for sure this will cost time. On the other hand, I don't know if this will result in a usable PSPP/PSPPire version on Mingw anyhow.

What is the PSPP team thinking of it? Is it usefull to have a further look at Mingw, and will the team try to solve the issues, or should I better stop my efforts to compile PSPP on Mingw?

Have fun