pspp-dev

Re: 0.6.0-rc1 available

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: 0.6.0-rc1 available
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:30:24 -0400

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 09:53:13PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> I put a pspp-0.6.0-rc1.tar.gz on alpha.gnu.org in /gnu/pspp.
> This one untars to pspp-0.6.0 and identifies itself as PSPP
> 0.6.0.  It passes "make distcheck" here.  If you don't see
> anything too wrong with it, then I'm inclined to upload it to
> ftp.gnu.org as PSPP 0.6.0.

I ran tests on 4 different systems. The summaries are below.  I don't
suggest fixing these before the release, since we have gone back and
forth with them and haven't found a way to fix them once and for
all. They are bugs in the tests, not the output, and tweaking them is
holding up development on the GLM procedure and lib/linreg and maybe
some other things too. Plus, Ben's output system should enable
breaking the tests into those for output, and those for formatting
output, rather than just diffing text (I hope that last part is right,
anyway).

GNU/Linux + x86: all tests passed
------------------------------------

OpenBSD + x86: The following tests failed:

1. tests/formats/format-guesser.sh
2. tests/bugs/signals.sh
3. tests/stats/moments.sh
4. tests/expressions/expressions.sh
5. tests/expressions/epoch.sh

Output for these tests is below:

0a1,2
> Warning: cannot create a convertor for "646" to "UTF-8": Invalid argument
> Warning: cannot create a convertor for "UTF-8" to "646": Invalid argument
compare output
FAILED
FAIL: tests/formats/format-guesser.sh

checking for absence of error messages 1
FAILED
FAIL: tests/bugs/signals.sh

0a1,2
> Warning: cannot create a convertor for "646" to "UTF-8": Invalid argument
> Warning: cannot create a convertor for "UTF-8" to "646": Invalid argument
compare two-pass output
FAILED
FAIL: tests/stats/moments.sh

0a1,2
> Warning: cannot create a convertor for "646" to "UTF-8": Invalid argument
> Warning: cannot create a convertor for "UTF-8" to "646": Invalid argument
compare optimizing output
FAILED
FAIL: tests/expressions/expressions.sh
1,2d0
< Warning: cannot create a convertor for "646" to "UTF-8": Invalid argument
< Warning: cannot create a convertor for "UTF-8" to "646": Invalid argument
compare results
NO RESULT
FAIL: tests/expressions/epoch.sh

Sparc + Solaris "10": 2 failures: