pspp-dev

Re: Release notes?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Release notes?
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:46:03 -0700

> Have we got a set of draft release notes for 0.6.0 ?
>
> Some things which I think we'll constantly be asked about if we don't
> mention them are:
>
> * gcc 4.3 vs gsl -- use the -fgnu89-inline flag
>
> * When cross compiling, it's necessary to set the PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR
> variable.

I don't see where we put the release notes for 0.4.2.  They're
not in README or INSTALL, which would be the logical places.
I'll propose that we put them in README.

Here is some sample wording for the former issue, for criticism:

    If you use GCC 4.3 or later to compile PSPP, along with any
    version of the GNU Scientific Library (GSL) released as of
    this writing (June 2008), then you will need to specify the
    -fgnu89-inline flag to the compiler on the "configure"
    command line: "./configure CFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline".

I don't think I know about the latter issue.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org