pspp-dev

Re: more on SAS data files

From: Pascal Heus
Subject: Re: more on SAS data files
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:35:12 -0400

Jason:
couple of findings:

- According to this discussion thread: http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=56996
the GNU DAP package (http://www.gnu.org/software/dap/dap.html)
can read SAS. Didin't find much in the source code but I contacted the author, will keep you posted.

- found some info on the SAS transport format at
http://www.wotsit.org/download.asp?f=sas&sc=265731589s
Might be an alternate option as SAS has many different formats and file encoding also change depending on the platform.

best
*P

Jason Stover wrote:
I cleaned up the notes I wrote earlier, especially tha last
paragraph, which wasn't clear before.

I put them on the same page that describes the test data files.
The whole thing is now at

http://math.gcsu.edu/~jhs/sas/

-Jason