pspp-dev

Re: Errors on Solaris

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Errors on Solaris
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:11:22 -0700

> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 05:10:20PM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:
>      diff --text isn't recognized by Solaris or BSD diff. It's use
>      in tests/command-very-long-strings.sh causes a failure on those
>      systems.
>
> Does it recognize  diff -a ?

The only portable option to "diff" that we are likely to want to
use is "-b".  Since it's been a recurring problem in practice to
use other options, I think that we should try to stick to just -b
and, if we need additional options, then perhaps we should write
a wrapper script that provides those options.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org