pspp-dev

[patch #6376] crosstabs dialog

From: John Darrington
Subject: [patch #6376] crosstabs dialog
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:55:46 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #6376 (project pspp):

1.  The Cells and Formats dialogs have no window title.

2.  For consistency with other dialogs, buttons which open subdialogs should
have "..." appended to their labels.

3.  In subdialogs, when I click Cancel, I would expect all the changes I've
made since opening the dialog to be discarded.  That is to say, the next time
I open the subdialog the contents should be as if I had never touched it.  But
the Cells and Statistics subdialogs, don't behave this way.
Implementing this is easiest if you have the dialog operate on a temporary
GtkListStore, which gets copied into the real one, iff the dialog is closed
with Continue.
There's a function in helper.c called clone_list_store to help you do this.

4.  Conversly the Format subdialog doesn't remember the state after I click
Continue.

5.  I suggest that the Format subdialog would look better as a single vbox,
instead of two juxtaposed vboxes.  Also, the combobox's Expand packing
property would be better set to False.

6.  Upon initially opening the Format subdialog, the combobox has no value
selected.  Is this correct behaviour?

7.  I'm not sure that the horizontal scrollbars are needed for the Statistics
and Cells treeviews.

8.  In the Statistics and Cells subdialogs, I think that having both a label
and a visible header in the treeviews is redundant.? One or the other would
suffice.

9.  In the code, the copyright year should be changed to 2008

10. I'm getting a few warnings when I compile.

11. In dialog_state_valid, shouldn't & be && ?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6376>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/