pspp-dev

[patch #6358] Preliminary review for visual design

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #6358] Preliminary review for visual design
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:38:58 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I'm trying to figure out the GUI design for the text data importer.  Here's
what I have right now.  It's text-data-import.glade from the patch that's the
interesting part.  The numbered windows are each a page from the import
assistant.  They should be mostly self-explanatory, except:

On page 3, the tree view will contain lines from the file with a radio button
to select to first line of data.

On page 4, the tree view will show how lines from the file are divided into
columns.

On page 5, the Variables tree view will show the Variables View from the data
editor and the Data Preview will show how the imported data will look with the
current settings.

I don't yet have even a draft for how to deal with columnar files.

This seems kind of ugly, but it's also the best I've come up with so far.  If
any of you have a little more design talent, I'd really appreciate some help
or some tips.

File Attachments:

Date: Saturday 12/29/07 at 23:38  Name: text-data-import-dialog.patch  Size:
91kB   By: blp