pspp-dev

[patch #6302] Fix bugs in GET DATA/TYPE=TXT.

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #6302] Fix bugs in GET DATA/TYPE=TXT.
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 07:03:29 +0000

Update of patch #6302 (project pspp):

Follow-up Comment #8:

>Also, I've noticed that if I run the gui, and run, as seperate operations,
>GET DATA /TYPE=TXT /FILE='/etc/passwd' ...
>EXECUTE.
>FREQUENCIES /VARIABLES=shell.
>then a crash occurs at frequencies.q:686

Here are two patches that fix this problem:

frequencies-segfault-fix.patch, the actual fix: we weren't
initializing data when a casereader happened to be empty.  We
definitely to fix this because a casereader can appear empty due to an
I/O error regardless of whether we check for this in advance.

casegrouper-of-no-cases-should-have-no-groups.patch, a secondary fix:
before, a casegrouper made from a casereader that was empty would have
one case group with zero cases; afterward, such a casegrouper has no
case groups.  (This papers over the problem if applied independently,
but doesn't really fix it for the reason described under the other
patch.)

Comments?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6302>

  Message sent via/by Savannah