pspp-dev

Re: next release soon?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: next release soon?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:53:49 -0800

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> I could make a case for replacing other software with pspp software in
> at least one lab on campus if the gui had dialog boxes for RECODE,
> CROSSTABS and FREQUENCIES, and some kind of dialog to import text
> data.

By the latter, do you mean something that could have the
functionality of DATA LIST (or a subset of it)?  I suppose we
should look at how spreadsheet programs usually do import of text
data, and then try to do something at least as good.  Or, if SPSS
has a good approach for this (haven't looked), we could try to
imitate it.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org