pspp-dev

Merging PSPP and GRETL?‎

From: Andreas Karlsson
Subject: Merging PSPP and GRETL?‎
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 16:47:11 +0200

Dear PSPP developers,

I have checked out PSPP and your work at it. It looks like an ambitious project.

Have you checked out the GRETL (http://gretl.sourceforge.net/) software? It is another open source statistical software. Just like PSPP it is a GNU project, licensed according to the GNU GPL and programmed in C.

To me, it seems like a waste of time and resources to develop two open source statistical software with much the same features and both programmed in C instead of concentrating the resources and time on one single software.

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to merge PSPP and GRETL? It would probably not be too hard, considering that both are GNU GPL and programmed in C.

Then, the time and resources could be concentrated on one project, instead of being splitted on two projects. That would mean that a good open source statistical software is developed faster.

Well, that was just my 2 cents. I hope you will consider my suggestion.

Best regards.

Andreas

Skicka e-postmeddelanden direkt till din blogg i MSN Spaces. Skicka skämt, bilder och mer därtill. Det är gratis!