pspp-dev

Psppire Installer.

From: John McCabe-Dansted
Subject: Psppire Installer.
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:36:17 +0800

Psppire for Windows has many serious known bugs, however there is now
a pretty installer for it. See:
  http://www.ucc.asn.au/~mccabedj/pspp/
  http://www.ucc.asn.au/~mccabedj/pspp/PSPPIRE-0.4.2cvs-20070405c-Setup.exe

Note this installer MIGHT EAT YOUR PUPPY.  I only just fixed a bug
today that caused the installer to stop the "F" key from working (The
installer created a shortcut that had "F" as a hotkey). I don't know
what other monsters lurk in the depths of this installer.
 BTW if shortcut remaps an important key, the way to fix this problem
is to remove the hotkey from the shortcut (just deleting the shortcut
may also work). Then you have to reboot.

Known bugs: Opening Split or Weight dialog causes psppire to crash, no
help, installer might install to some random directory rather that the
directory you asked it to install to (I might have fixed this).

The source of this installer is at:
 http://www.ucc.asn.au/~mccabedj/pspp/pspp_w32.tar.bz2

In theory you just have to add the w32 directory under your pspp
directory, cd into w32/build and type "sh buildpspp.sh". Then it
should do absolutely every thing to generate the .exe file for you,
including downloading and compiling all the missing dependencies. In
practice it will probably break in some completely unintelligible way.
I'll have to clean up buildpspp.sh a lot before there is any point in
looking at it.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student