pspp-dev

Re: PSPP & PSPPIRE running as native windows applications.

From: John McCabe-Dansted
Subject: Re: PSPP & PSPPIRE running as native windows applications.
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:07:44 +0900

On 2/8/07, Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:
> The makescript attempts to run cross-compiled binaries in a number of
> places. The only place that matters for a straight "make" is q2c, so I
> replaced
>   /.../q2c
>        ./src/language/lexer/q2c $< $@
> with
>        wine ./src/language/lexer/q2c$(EXEEXT) $< $@

I am not sure that this is the correct fix.  q2c should run on
the build machine, not on the target.  It should be compiled with
the host C compiler, not with the target C compiler.

OK. I am now building q2c with:

mkdir non_include
echo > non_include/vsnprintf.h
echo > non_include/exit.h
echo > non_include/memcasecmp.h
echo > non_include/xvasprintf.h

export PATH=$HOST_PATH && $HOST_CC ./src/language/lexer/q2c.c -o
./src/language/lexer/q2c -I . - I non_include || ( echo could not host
compile ./src/language/lexer/q2c.c with /usr/bin/gcc && read wait )

>> I notice there is a large number of segmentation faults in the
>> test runs.  Are you willing to try getting a backtrace for a few
>> of these with a debugger?

OK, I have put a new log file, this time with backtraces up at:
 http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~john/make.check.log.bz2

This log file was generated from a pspp with -lmingwex and with your
patch to snprintf in gnulib.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student