pspp-dev

Re: release plans

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: release plans
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:31:12 +0900

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 01:51:18PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     I'd like to think we have to time to make the GUI stable between
     now and then.  Up until recently I was thinking of the GUI as a
     gimmick, but recent user feedback (especially that conference
     presentation) has convinced me that it's really quite important
     to users.

I look upon the GUI as the methadone used to treat GUI addicts.  I
think there is scope to add features to the GUI, not found in other
software, which could help the afflicted  overcome their addiction.
For example, the GUI's syntax editor could use highlighting and
auto-indenting.  When it's more stable, I'll think about this
further.

     so maybe I'll read the code at some point so that I can
     hack on it too as needed.

A detailed code review would be welcome.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3