pspp-dev

Re: Byte 64 in system files

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Byte 64 in system files
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:38:12 -0700

[It looks like I accidentally dropped the pspp-dev CC; restoring it.]

> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 09:06:09AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>      John Darrington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>      > spss ships with two system files "1991 U.S. General Social Survey.sav"
>      > and "survey_sample.sav" whose 65th byte is 3 rather than 2.
>      >
>      > PSPP considers these to be "corrupt" and refuses to load them.
>
>      If we ignore the 65th byte, do they get loaded correctly?
>
> So far as I can tell, they do.

I'm working on improvements to the system file reader right now.
I'll make sure that the revised version accepts a value of 3
also, then.

> One of them gives a warning about an unknown record type 7, subtype
> 7. Looking at this record, my guess is that it stores information
> about active FILTER commands when the file was saved.

I'll find out.
--
"In this world that Hugh Heffner had made,
 he alone seemed forever bunnyless."