pspp-dev

[task #5698] First draft of CONTRIBUTING file

From: John Darrington
Subject: [task #5698] First draft of CONTRIBUTING file
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:09:00 +0800

Follow-up Comment #1, task #5698 (project pspp):

  "The program must be written in C or Fortran"

I don't think that this requirement is necessary.  A lot of people are using
Octave/Matlab for statistical/neural net work these days.  We could probably
understand what's going on in most languages.

Item 3. under the section titled "Guidelines for writing software" asks for
explicit identification of the routine's outputs.  We should also ask for
similar identification of the input variables, and any parameters to the
routine.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5698>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/