pspp-dev

Exporting Models [was Re: PSPP conference call notes.]

From: John Darrington
Subject: Exporting Models [was Re: PSPP conference call notes.]
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:44:35 +0800

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 07:19:25PM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:

     http://math.gcsu.edu/~jhs/model-export.tar.gz has a file called
     model-export.ps in it with my comments, complete with two
     pictures. Something I forgot to mention: There should be a 'model'
     type, which has 'predict', 'residual' and 'standard_error'
     functions.

And presumably each of the predict, residial and standard_error
members should be functions returning a vector of doubles?  What would
their inputs be? I think also a vector of doubles.

I think I've read that all models can be represented by the
second formula (the unnumbered one) --- in fact I think it can be
simplified slightly.  Does that fit with your view?

If not, then I suppose a model would have to be defined recursively by
a "composite" data type (see "Design Patterns" by Gamma et al.).

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3