pspp-dev

Re: netbsd build update

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: netbsd build update
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:25:04 -0700

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 10:32:17AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>> Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > None of these seem to be defined on NetBSD. I couldn't see any of them
>> > in /usr/include, and adding an assert(0) in the #if and #elif
>> > statements above didn't cause a failure.
>>
>> Does NetBSD have fpsetmask() declared in ieeefp.h?  That seems to
>> be another alternative.
>
> No. In fact:
>
> $ find /usr/include -name '*.h' |xargs grep fpe
> $

Well, "fpsetmask", the function I want, doesn't contain "fpe" as
a substring...

> ...but I did find these on a man page:
>
>     fpgetmask, fpgetround, fpgetsticky, fpsetmask, fpsetround, fpsetsticky
>
>     fp_except
>      fpsetmask(fp_except mask);
>
>      The fpsetmask() function will cause future operations with the specified
>      result status to raise the SIGFPE exception.  The fpsetround() function
>      will cause future operations to use the specified dynamic mode.
>
> Do you mean to put this into fp_init() in main.c with on #if?

Yes.  I want to call fpsetmask(0) in fp_init().  (The numerous
manpages that Google returns for fpsetmask() seem to indicate
that this is the syntax to turn off all exceptions, and they all
indicate that <ieeefp.h> is the right header to include.)
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden