pspp-dev

Re: transformation question

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: transformation question
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:05:37 -0400

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:44:10AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Finally: I'm a little confused about the context you're talking
> about.  How (or why) would you be examining a variable before the
> transformations that initialize it have executed?  It sounds like
> there's some important fact here that I'm missing.

Users should be able to save many different variables that result from
the REGRESSION procedure. I just checked in some code that lets
them save residuals and predicted values. The problem was that
the first transformation to execute needs to look in the dictionary
and scan cases, which haven't been completely filled in. I checked in a
fix for it after I sent my last message. I hope it isn't too offensive.

-Jason