pspp-dev

Re: save subcommand

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: save subcommand
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:56:52 -0700

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> The SAVE subcommand should write the residuals
> as a new variable to the active file. Where in the
> src directory should I look to learn how to do this?

One way to do it is to create a new variable to hold the
residuals, using dict_create_var(), then add a transformation
that sets the value of the variable in the current case.  This
is how the DESCRIPTIVES command creates Z-score variables, for
example.  If this approach will work, then it's what I'd
suggest.  If it doesn't sound like it will work, please explain
and we'll come up with another approach.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden