pspp-dev

Re: pspp development

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp development
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:46:25 +0800

Last night I committed a major change to the GUI code.  So far as
users are concerned, there are no substantial differences, but I've
fundamentally changed the way that GtkSheet works, and this should
allow us to use it for casefiles of any length.  Previously, GtkSheet
insisted on allocating a string for every cell, which would not scale
for really big data files.

Anyway I think the time has come for psppire to be promoted into the
main codebase, and for some reorganisation of the pspp source files
into seperate subdirectories as discussed before.

I note that savannah now supports Arch, which unlike cvs, can track
history over file renames/moves, so it might be worth considering
switching to Arch.  On the other hand, it's not something that I've
ever used before.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3