pspp-dev

Re: time series routines in pspp

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: time series routines in pspp
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:15:12 +0000

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 05:33:53PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > How do you all feel about including a time series procedure in PSPP?
> > It would be one or more of TSMODEL, AREG and ARIMA.
> >
> > Specifically, I was thinking of adding a procedure to fit ARMA models.
>
> I'm in favor of adding any procedure that is likely to be of use
> to our users and developers, especially when they happen to
> correspond to procedures in SPSS (but even when they don't).
>
> Is REGRESSION in good shape?  (Besides the need for temporary
> files, which I am working on.)  It will be a nice new feature to
> announce in our next release.

What's there is ready for testing. It produces the most essential
output: An ANOVA table, a table of coefficients and standard errors,
as well as the table with R squared and the covariance matrix. I think
the most important task it still cannot do is save the residuals to the
data.

-Jason

--
address@hidden