pspp-dev

Re: installing pspp 0.4.0

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: installing pspp 0.4.0
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:22:43 -0700

Jaap-Andre de Hoop <address@hidden> writes:

> alright that did the trick... it's not dependent on libplot/libgsl but on
> the development version of that.

Well, yes.  That should be clear but I've now checked in an
improved message to help out others in the future.

> execute a spss job (read data) which worked with 0.3.0.8:
> error: (columns 711-964, field type F8.2) Field does not form a valid
> floating-point constant.
> So it is not backward compatible, but I needed some hacks to get the data
> right in 0.3.....

I'm sorry to hear that.  Can you provide a full bug report, with
a test case?  We're happy to fix bugs as they're reported.

> Pro: on my testing system I got with 0.3 an error: setenv TERM not set
> (when executing pspp via php-exec), with 0.4 this errors is gone.

Probably, you compiled 0.3 with libreadline but not 0.4.
libreadline wants TERM to be set properly.

> Strange thing: on our live server (debian woody, with 0.3.0), we did not
> have this error.

You probably didn't have libreadline development libraries on the
server.
--
"Unix... is not so much a product
 as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history