pspp-dev

BSD output initialization

From: Jason Stover
Subject: BSD output initialization
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:08:30 +0000

I have read some about the output initialization files,
but they usually don't require any fiddling by me on a GNU/Linux
box, so this:

         ~/src/pspp/src $ ./pspp
        installation error: Cannot find output initialization file.  Use
`-vvvv' to
                view search path.
        warning: No output drivers are active.
        fatal: Error initializing output drivers.

         ~/src/pspp/src $ ./pspp -vvvv
        note: Searching for `rc'...
        note: Search unsuccessful!
        note: Searching for `devices'...
        note: Search unsuccessful!
        installation error: Cannot find output initialization file.  Use
`-vvvv' to
                view search path.
        warning: No output drivers are active.
        note: Error reading device definition file.
        fatal: Error initializing output drivers.

         ~/src/pspp/src $ ls -l devices
        -rw-r--r--  1 jhs  jhs  8669 Oct 18 17:05 devices

has confused me. It's a BSD machine. I do not have X Windows on this machine,
but did
compile it with libplot. Shouldn't the default search path include the 'config'
directory? That's where 'device' is, which is the file pspp needs, right? Wrong?
Shouldn't the path include the current directory?

-Jason
--
address@hidden