pspp-dev

Re: running PSPP from a Windows environment

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: running PSPP from a Windows environment
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:14:29 +0800

This message would probably have been more suited to the pspp-users list, so
I'm CC'ing there.

There are two options that I can suggest:

1.  Build and use PSPP under Cygwin.

2.  Set up a separate GNU/Linux machine connected to your Windoze box using
    Samba.

Option 1 is probably easiest, although Cygwin doesn't come with the plotutils
library already packaged, so you might not have PSPP's graphing capabilities,
unless you spend extra effort porting plotutils.

Option 2 gives you much more flexibility, but is harder to set up, especially
if you're a novice to GNU/Linux.  Also, is means that you need a second machine
and a working ethernet between the two machines.

PSPP understands the datafiles used by spss, so there should be no problem
here with either option.

J'