pspp-dev

Re: pspp rc4 on Mac: pfm-write errors

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp rc4 on Mac: pfm-write errors
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:53:01 +0800

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 11:16:06PM -0400, Marshall DeBerry wrote:
     I've tried the various -O flags and they don't make a difference.  I can
see
     that this is a complex function/variable, so it makes it a good compiler
     test.  Was the routine in rc3--if so, it compiled fine before.  Or is this
     the replacement for the libgmp base 30 routine?

Yes. That's exactly what it is.

I've just built RC4 on Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) using gcc 4.0.0
and everthing is fine, so it must be a MAC thing.  I don't see any mention
of Mac in the gcc4 release notes.  It would be interesting to download the
gcc test suite and see how it goes with that.

See what happens compiling a snippet like

int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        static const double foo[1] =