pspp-dev

Re: Request for inclusion

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Request for inclusion
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:29:07 -0700

[CC'd to pspp-dev to get others' input]

address@hidden writes:

> Now as for what I quote unquote like to do, I like to work on projects that
> synergize several skill sets such as a C++ program implementing a numerical
> analysis algorithm, or a natural language translation program using a
> scripting language and Spanish for example. These are just some idea
> examples.
> Really, I am willing to listen to any ideas out there, as long as they are
> not
> too outlandish. I have been following the dev mailing list for a while and
> have an idea of what is happening albeit not a good one. Is there a central
> to-
> do task list that I might peruse?

There is not really a central to-do list.  There is a TODO file
in the CVS but it's not really comprehensive, and it's dated in
places.

You sound like you're a "math" kind of person.  We have one
member of the project who is working on a library for doing
regressions of the form required by multiple PSPP procedures.  If
you're interested in doing something similar, but for some other
kind of analysis, then that might be a good place to start.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden