pspp-dev

regression procedure

From: Jason Stover
Subject: regression procedure
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:28:32 +0000

I 'finished' an initial version of the regression
library. www.sakla.net/linreg.tar.gz . It needs a
lot of work, but it does find the least-squares
parameter estimates and related sums of squares via
the sweep operator. I have compiled it and linked it
to pspp.

Before goind any further with liblinreg, I started working
on a regression procedure. I am now stumped. www.sakla.net/old_regression.q
is an example of an early file I created. I compiled it with
pspp, and ran it with this syntax:

        data list / v0 to v2 1-9.
        begin data.
         12 12 89
         34 12 80
         56 12 77
        end data.
        regression /variables v0 v1 v2 /method=enter.

It ran with no trouble, so I added more code.
www.sakla.net/regression.q shows the latest version. With this syntax
file:

        data list / v0 to v2 1-9.
        begin data.
         12 12 89
         34 12 80
         56 12 77
        end data.
        regression /variables v0 v1 v2 /dependent v0 /method=enter.

pspp calls run_regression(...) with no trouble. This function exits,
then cmd_regression() exits normally. Then pspp is in parse_script ()
at main.c:101, and handle_error(execute_command()) never returns. This
problem never occurs with old_regression.q. Does anyone know what's
happening here?  And does regress.q have the right look for a new
procedure?  (Aside from the fact that it doesn't work yet.)

-Jason
--
address@hidden