pspp-dev

Re: storage_sink_open is leaky

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: storage_sink_open is leaky
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:47:50 -0800

> I've been slowly plugging the memory leaks that valgrind is reporting
> (currently down to 81622 bytes over all the tests).

Are you sure that all of these are bona fide leaks, and not just
stuff that we don't free because it's pointed to by a global
variable, etc.?  I don't recall ever seeing valgrind report that
many leaks in the past, and I noticed that at least one of your
changes (regarding t_trns in vfm.c) should only affect the
"global variable still references at exit" case.

> Right now, the biggest single source of leaks is storage_sink_open
> (vfm.c:484).  But I'm not sure how, where or when to free up this
> memory.  Is it a simple job or would it take a bit or work.

I'll try to check tomorrow if you like.

By the way, I'm going to be very busy through Feb. 4 at least
(because that's the submission deadline for Usenix Security '05)
so I might become fairly nonresponsive between now and then.
--
Aim to please, shoot to kill.