pspp-dev

Re: Logo prototype

From: P.C.J.G. Brunier
Subject: Re: Logo prototype
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:52:32 +0100

It's been a while but this morning I had some time creating a logo.
Please take a look at http://www.brunier.nl/pspp/pspp2.png

It's more original than the previous one.

address@hidden wrote:

While drawing the big square, placing PSPP and creating the right overlap
I had mixed feelings. Especially when I gave the font a bit more strokes
around it felt like I was copying a Rembrandt or van Gogh.
I placed the GNU and the URL in the logo to make it look a bit more
different than the SPSS logo.

Placing the letters further away from each other removes the power and to
be honest the recognition of the logo. When we want to do that, we better
can decide to create a whole new original logo. The (r) I saw on the
mailing list isn't an (r) it is a (L).

--
P.C.J.G. Brunier

email: patrick at muonix dot nl
Muonix: http://www.muonix.com
Personal: http://www.brunier.nl
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/596468C6
Key fingerprint = 5667 977F E321 AA32 D9EB  2CF8 0CF6 28F2 5964 68C6