pspp-dev

Re: Website is updated

From: P.C.J.G. Brunier
Subject: Re: Website is updated
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 03:17:31 +0100

Hi Ben,

You can get gendocs.sh from CVS.
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Invoking-gendocs_002esh.html

I will merge the Savannah members together with the AUTHORS that John mentioned, when I'm going to create the contributors page.

I regenerated the manual pages and uploaded them because of your changes.

Patrick

Ben Pfaff wrote:
"P.C.J.G. Brunier" <address@hidden> writes:

Everything is updated on the PSPP pages. Take a look. Including the
manual. Compiling the sources did the trick indeed. texi2html worked
fine from that moment.
I've decided to go for a more GNU standard approach. Using the
gendocs.sh script gives everybody the possibility to download the
manual the way they like.
Hopefully you agree with that. If you don't...no problem...I will do
it the pure HTML way.

It looks good to me.  It is nice to give people multiple
options.  I didn't know there was a script for generating all
those versions.  Where is gendocs.sh?

Other wishes from John and thoughts from me:
*Contributor page:
Are the projectmembers on Savannah all the main contributors? Do you
have a list and description of the old ones?

The Savannah contributors are the important ones, if I recall
correctly.

*Getting started guide:
Nice idea....I've started PSPP today...I definitly need a getting
started guide. Can somebody write one?

Good idea.  I've filed a bug with that idea so it doesn't get
lost.

*List of (un)supported commands/features:
Nice idea....Can somebody write them down or give me a hint howto
obtain them?

There is a section in the manual titled "Not Implemented" that is
a partial list.  Actually AGGREGATE and AUTORECODE on that list
*are* implemented, so I just checked in a change to the manual
reflecting that.

*Examples. Showing all the wonderful things PSPP can do.
Nice idea....Can somebody write something down?

I think that we have one developer new to PSPP who is talking
about creating some examples.

*Logo. I will try to create a nice and simple one for PSPP.
*Layout. I will try to create a better layout...same content.

Sounds great.