pspp-dev

RE: FW: tell us about what you'd like to do for PSPP

From: Ronald Szoc, PhD
Subject: RE: FW: tell us about what you'd like to do for PSPP
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:25:55 -0500

Ben--

Thank you... I downloaded the code (but not from Savannah, which has the
most recent, so I may do that again).... John suggested trying out some
procedures and finding bugs, and then quashing them. That is one way to get
familiar with the code.

I also noticed that some of the notes in the code say things such as
"spearman's rho is not computing correctly" or something similar...

What I would like to do initially, is to get very familiar with the code. If
PSPP is still a console app, then I think we need to discuss how to make it
a GUI app. (I myself took a long time to get to GUI, and when I tell people
- when I'm trouble-shooting - "I want to get at the command line", most of
them now say: "Why????"... )...

One of the things that SPSS does (I suspect, don't know for sure) is to
generate a series of command line statements based on GUI menu choices (
strange but true, and kind of an elegant solution to a problem, no?), and
then processes that command line.

But first, let me get into the code... I have a laptop where I have
configured Gentoo Linux and could use that as a development machine, and I
will put PSPP on that... E

Thanks fr approving me. I hope that I can make a real contribution...

Ron