Re: [Protux-devel] [OT] protux in the press ...

From: reinhard
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] [OT] protux in the press ...
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:28:24 +0100

On Monday 24 January 2005 19:30, Remon Sijrier wrote:
> I spoke to someone very interested on the JMB concept, and he said. "Why
> don't u just add 2/3 menu buttons to the interface, so new users can start
> to use the application more easily, since the threshold would be much
> lower"
>
> I think he has some point, for example "project manager" and specially for
> users starting to use Protux the first time a "help" button would be very
> helpfull.....
> We do have some room in the status bar at the bottom of the interface...
> RFC (There could be an option to not display the buttons for example once
> used to the JMB concept, it will be just there to have users not go
> directly away from using the program cause they see no buttons and don't
> know how to start using the program...
> Where is our interactive learning lady.... :-P )

I think the initial text in the JMB info area could be more 'flashier' or
maybe blinking, for example to attract the attention of the user and the help
text should give a VERY short introduction of how to load a clip and start
play back.
also maybe it should be revised if <PM> is a good choice, since one of the
first operations of new users is to load a clip into protux and this should
be done as easy as possible by a one-key-action IMHO. RFC

greetings
reinhard