poke-devel

Re: First submission?

From: Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor
Subject: Re: First submission?
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 00:05:58 +0200

Hi Jose and Will.

On Wed, Jul 05, 2023 at 05:57:21PM +0200, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

> > Despite years of experience with the
> >
> > ./autoreconf
> > ./configure
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > dance, I got caught a bit off guard by the use of autopoint and where
> > to find it in Fedora. I learned that it is part of gettext
> > (gettext-devel package on Fedora) and your documentation about
> > Autotools (in HACKING) infers that.
>
> We have gettext 0.18.2 listed as a build prerequisite in bootstrap.conf
> (see the buildreq variable defined there.)  What is the error message
> you get from running the bootstrap script?
>
> Do the Fedora `gettext' package provide autopoing, or it is in some
> subpackage or similar?

In Fedora it's in the `gettext-devel'. In `DEPENDENCIES' file (it's already
like this: "On Red Hat distributions: --.").

In Debian, they package `autopiont' in its own package:
  https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=autopoint

Also Debian part needs an update in `DEPENDENCIES' file.

Will, `DEPENDENCIES' file (and other docs) need some love! Thank you :)

Regards,
Mohammad-Reza