poke-devel

Re: poke repl puts entire struct printout on 1 line.

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: poke repl puts entire struct printout on 1 line.
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 15:00:29 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I am following the youtube "intro to poke" talk and am trying to produce
> the same results in the video. I have successfully installed poke as well
> as the emacs poke-el pkg.
> However, while following the youtube video, there is a moment where you
> write
> "Packet @ 0#B" and the resulting structure is printed back to you line by
> line.
> My results instead show the entire structure on 1 line as
> "Packet {magic=171UB,sz=0UB,payload=[]}"
> How can I instead make it appear as it does in the video as
> "
> Packet {
>   magic=171UB,
>   sz=4UB,
>   payload=[0UB,0UB,0UB,0UB]
> }
> "
> Additional info:
> platform: ubuntu 2204
> I have installed libtextstyle from gettext online source prior to
> installing the latest version of poke (3.2).

By default the output mode in poke is `flat'.

In the poke CLI, you can do this to switch to `tree' mode:

(poke) .set omode tree

In the Emacs interface, you can either:

a) Type C-cs or M-xpoke-settings and adjust the corresponding setting, or
b) Run this in the repl: vm_set_omode (VM_OMODE_TREE)

To have this by default, put this in your .emacs:

(setq poke-setting-omode "tree")

See the Settings section in the poke-el manual.