poke-devel

Road to 1.0

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Road to 1.0
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 23:28:16 +0100

Hi people!

This weekend has been productive and support for non-strict mapping has
landed in master... along with several bug fixes.

I think that, generally speaking, we are ok functionality-wise for a 1.0
release.

Therefore I am announcing a functionality freeze, and I will force
myself to stop adding more functionality, as tempting and fun as it may
be :)

>From now on, development will be exclusively focused on the following 44
items scheduled for 1.0, in descending priority order.

If you intend to work on any of these items, please see the
corresponding entries in etc/poke.rec, and notify the list to avoid
duplication of effort!

ENH pk-table
BUG Function types are generated with its arguments reversed
BUG Fix GC roots in AST nodes
BUG Union fields should not refer to other fields
ENH bit-concatenation of offsets
ENH Support offsets in integral structs
ENH Support nested integral structs
ENH Support OFFSET / MAGNITUDE -> OFFSET
ENH Support %% in printf string literals
ENH Factorize promotion of expressions in promo
ENH Document "default values" in the poke manual
ENH Gettextize strings in the codebase
ENH Complete PVM values and PKL nodes support in poke-gdb.scm
ENH .info type TYPENAME
ENH Auto-complete yes|no in commands
ENH Move the initialization of the hserver to pk-repl.c
ENH Support the command `info types'
ENH Add command-line option to disable the hserver
ENH .set with no arguments should give a summary of all options
ENH Add IOS_EPERM and exception E_perm
ENH Add an API for client-provided IOD implementations to libpoke
BUG Better error handling in `atoi'
ENH pvm_array_set should check for size bounds
BUG Complete pvm_print_val for function types
BUG The `muls' instruction in pvm.jitter calls xmalloc
BUG Remove call to `abort' in pkl-lex.l
BUG Do not leak decl AST nodes in parser
BUG Fix %destructors in parser
BUG `load' doesn't load after an error
BUG Promote struct constructor elements
BUG printf should evaluate arguments _before_ printing anything
ENH Support RGB colors in printf, %cRGB
ENH document the libpoke API in the manual
ENH document poke maps in the manual
ENH Note in the manual how arrays built from array literals are unbounded
ENH Document poke CSS classes in the manual
ENH Document array casts in the manual
ENH Document language operand promotion rules in the manual
ENH parallelize the dg testsuite
ENH Auto-complete value attributes
ENH Abstract the quiet mode in a poke_msg function
ENH Pass the declaration's pk_value in callback pk_map_decl_fn
ENH Make poke_interactive_p available to Poke programs
ENH Validate u?int and u?long args in RAS