poke-devel

Re: bug tracker or mailing list

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:14:25 +0200

    Hi José,

    >     How to reproduce:
    >
    >     $ poke
    >     .load gmo.pk
    >
    > I added an entry in our bugzilla to track this bug.
    > Thanks for reporting.

    Ah, I now see that in the homepage you write

      There are two ways to report problems in GNU poke. One is to write a bug
      report and send it to poke-devel, our development mailing list. The other
      is to file a bug in our bug tracker.

    But I had only looked at the 'poke --help' output. For consistency, it
    would be good to change the 'poke --help' output: Replace

      Report bugs to: poke-devel@gnu.org

    with

      Report bugs in the bug tracker at
      <https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=poke>
      or by email to <poke-devel@gnu.org>.

    (or the other way around, depending on which of the two reporting channels
    you prefer).

    I have done so in GNU gettext, when I realized that I didn't want bug
    reports to get unhandled just because they were submitted by mail.

Good idea.
I pushed a patch doing just that.
Thanks!