plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] Bochs support in Plex86

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] Bochs support in Plex86
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 13:49:31 +0200

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 12:27:10PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 04:50:45PM -0700, Kevin Lawton wrote:
> >
> > Using it in conjuction with the old project is futile,
> > as it does not support native execution for ring3 code.

so, to my question: how hard would be it to implement support in
Plex86 for execution of userspace code?

note that license-compatible, LGPLed versions of plex86 that support that
(and are expected to work fine with bochs) are available from:

- bochs CVS, in plex86/ directory
- the bochs+plex86 experimental tarball, in http://bochs.sf.net/tmp/,
  plex86/ directory either. (if the tarball isn't there anymore, ask
  me for a copy)

and it is ok to use snips of code from either of these, as both are LGPLed.

--
Robert Millan