playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] What's the consensus here on the Google/On2 purch

From: sull
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] What's the consensus here on the Google/On2 purchase?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:55:03 -0500

They should maintain the name 'Ogg' for any new 'open' video codec
that they release.
It would help with ongoing efforts to promote open video standards and
getting familiarity with a name that represents this (Ogg).
I think it would be a good tactical and strategical focus for all of
us Ogg supporters to work with Google to leverage the momentum that
Ogg (Xiph.org) has together with the inevitable release of
newer/alternate open video codec tech by On2/Google.

Thoughts?

sull
ogg.ly