platform-testers

Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.30.87-66e2d.t

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.30.87-66e2d.tar.xz
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 22:02:56 -0800

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 10:55 PM Pádraig Brady <address@hidden> wrote:
> We plan to release coreutils-8.31 in the coming week
> so any testing you can do on various different systems between now and then
> would be most welcome.

Thanks for all the work and for yet another release.
I tried to build on Fedora 29 using bleeding edge gcc and hit two
build failures. One from gnulib's userspec-test.c (just pushed the
fix) and the other here.
With these two changes, all of the tests and distcheck passed.

I wrote the attached patch solely to ensure that the tests all passed,
and am posting only for the record.
I would not apply this patch, since I like that warning and expect the
gcc regression will be fixed promptly.