platform-testers

Re: [platform-testers] [Grep-devel] new snapshot available: grep-2.25.10

From: Zev Weiss
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] [Grep-devel] new snapshot available: grep-2.25.101-be82
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 10:01:48 -0500

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 10:32:54PM -0700, Jim Meyering wrote:
We're getting close, but it seems prudent to go at least one more
round before releasing 2.26.

Testing on BSD-based systems exposed one real bug in the preceding
snapshot. There have also been several AIX-related portability fixes,
as well as a few test changes to avoid false failures.

I did see a failure of grep's surrogate-pair test on an openBSD 5.8
system, but do not expect to investigate it.

Everything looks good on 'make check-very-expensive' with Debian Stretch (gcc 6.1.1, glibc 2.23, Linux kernel 4.6.0).

Zev