platform-testers

[platform-testers] gettext pretest 0.19.6.43-6e6f6

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: [platform-testers] gettext pretest 0.19.6.43-6e6f6
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:04:17 +0900

Hello,

The first pretest of gettext 0.19.7 is now available at:
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.19.6.43-6e6f6.tar.xz
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.19.6.43-6e6f6.tar.xz.sig

I would appreciate if you can download and test it.  I plan to release
it in this month.

Please send feedback to address@hidden

Here is the current summary for NEWS.

* Programming languages support:
  - XML:
    xgettext can now load custom string extraction rules supplied by
    consumer projects.  The rules are written in XML, utilizing the
    Internationalization Tag Set (ITS) standard.  All the existing
    XML-based language scanners (Glade, GSettings, and AppData) are
    rewritten using ITS.  In addition, msgfmt now has --xml option to
    merge translations back to the original XML document.

* Portability:
  - Improve OS/2 kLIBC support (still not complete)
  - Remove dependency on expat

Thanks,
--
Daiki Ueno