platform-testers

[platform-testers] new snapshot available: grep-2.20.83-06900

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: grep-2.20.83-06900
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 13:00:01 -0800

Testing the first snapshot exposed several problems,
and most have been addressed. The sole remaining problem
is the failure of an "expensive" (not run by default: big-match)
that makes most systems run out of memory. I haven't looked at it yet.

Thanks to all who have helped so far, this snapshot should be
much closer to releasable.

Please let us know if you find any problems.

grep snapshot:
  http://meyering.net/grep/grep-ss.tar.xz      1.3 MB
  http://meyering.net/grep/grep-ss.tar.xz.sig
  http://meyering.net/grep/grep-2.20.83-06900.tar.xz

Changes in grep since 2.20.72-d512:

Jim Meyering (9):
      tests: avoid false-positive failure due to some zh_CN.* locales
      build: generate man pages even when existing targets are read-only
      maint: move helper function, hex_printf to init.cfg
      tests: avoid printf+\xHH portability trap
      tests: fix typo in previous change
      maint: remove spurious LC_ALL setting from one test
      tests: avoid a multibyte tr portability problem
      tests: avoid hex_printf_ portability problems
      tests: do not fail when the zh_CN.UTF-8 locale is not installed

Norihiro Tanaka (1):
      tests: avoid awk+printf+\xHH portability trap

Paul Eggert (1):
      grep: port O_NOFOLLOW errno checking to NetBSD

Changes in gnulib since 2.20.72-d512:

* gnulib d55899f...8415b67 (78):