plash

Re: [Plash] Why is plash not in Ubuntu universe?

From: Thomas Leonard
Subject: Re: [Plash] Why is plash not in Ubuntu universe?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:14:22 +0000

On 24/03/2008, Mark Seaborn <address@hidden> wrote:
> John McCabe-Dansted <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  > Hi, I was just wondering why the plash source-debs hadn't been
>  > uploaded to e.g. Ubuntu universe.
>
> I haven't tried submitting packages to Ubuntu universe.  I just
>  haven't got round to it.
>
>  I have tried submitting Plash to Debian (via debian-mentors) in the
>  past.  One obstacle has been that Plash needs to build its own glibc
>  and would duplicate the glibc source in its source package, since
>  Debian source packages cannot share source.  I think Ubuntu's
>  submission process might be more likely to give a response than
>  debian-mentors though.

If you want a response from Debian or Ubuntu, I suggest using IRC. I
got nowhere with uploading to debian-mentors, uploading to REVU or
posting on either of their mailing lists (for Zero Install). On IRC I
got sponsors within a couple of hours.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard               http://rox.sourceforge.net