Re: [Pingus-Devel] Wanna help because Pingus rocks

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-Devel] Wanna help because Pingus rocks
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:46:46 +0200

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Onilton Maciel <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1) Play the levels and prove that them can be solved. (Providing a screencast
> maybe?)

I am currently working on getting the demo recorder back into action,
once done a demo for every level would be nice, but it will take a few
days till that is ready, so don't let that stop you. We can still
record the demos later.

> 2) Group them by theme
> 3) Sort by difficult level

Yep. Quality is more important then quantity here, so focus on getting
one levelset done well, instead of trying to run through all levels at
once. Also levels should be not just be "playable", but they should
play well, i.e. not to many actions, not to little, etc. There are
plenty of levels that give you 20 of each action, because thats the
default that the editor gives you, those should of course be tweaked
to a lower number before being released. Levels don't have to be
perfect, but some basic level of quality should be there.

> 4) Report any bugs I found and the ones that *maybe* can't be solved right
> now.

There are plenty that need fixing, so just keep a list of those or
send patches for those, no need to bug report each and every of them
alone.

> Also, in which language is Pingus made?

C++

--