Re: Memory leaks at GUIManager (gui_manager.cxx)

From: Jason Green
Subject: Re: Memory leaks at GUIManager (gui_manager.cxx)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:42:48 -0400

On 4/11/06, Aggro <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried running pingus on valgrind (open source test
> software for example for finding memory leaks), and it
> pointed out that at src/gui/gui_manager.cxx
> GUIManager::add() leaks memory.
>
> It takes pointers of objects as a parameter, but I
> didn't see any code anywhere that would actually
> delete those objects. Many parameters are created
> using "new", so the GUIManager is AFAIK the only one
> holding the actual pointer to the reserved memory.

Ideally, the GUIManager would handle all of the deletion routines
unless specifically told not to.  I'd suggest implementing it that
way, then going back and fixing all of the areas that try to manage
the resources themselves.

I'm on irc.freenode.net as Jave27 in #pingus and #clanlib quite a bit
- if you have any quick questions, I can try to help there, too.