Re: 0.7.0 animation problem

From: Aggro
Subject: Re: 0.7.0 animation problem
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:30:14 -0800 (PST)

--- John August <address@hidden> wrote:

> The file data/data/exits.xml has data in the wrong
> form. You need to
> replace lines like :
>
>         <grid pos="0,0" size="154,118" array="4x1"/>
>
> with
>
>         <grid pos="0,0" size="154,118" array="4,1"/>
>
> (changing "x" to a comma)

Yes, this is correct. The x is from old version and
comma should be used there to separate values.

> Interestingly, in the previous version, everything
> seemed to be a
> "surface", while now these exits are called
> "sprites".

Yes, I don't know why they changed it (propably
because sprites have better properties etc.), but that
is what they did. There are still some old surfaces
left, and the change from surfaces to sprites is
causing majority of the bugs.

> However, I get a fixed image, not an animation.

This is again because of the old system is not fully
converted. The reason why you don't see any animations
is propably because there is no call for sprite's
member function update() in the code. It would be
propably easy to fix, if I would just know which file
handles the drawing of exits.