Re: State of conversion to Clanlib 0.7 ?

From: Cedric Pradalier
Subject: Re: State of conversion to Clanlib 0.7 ?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:21:03 +0200

According to Ingo Ruhnke, on Sun, 23 May 2004 19:03:38 +0200,
>Cedric Pradalier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> What is the current status of the adaptation of pingus to clanlib
>0.7?
>
>90% done. Game runs, but still full of graphic bugs, ie. miss aligned
>sprites and such, thumbnail generator in editor is also broken which
>makes it unusable, beside that everything works quite fine.

So I may help. I tried to compile pingus svn but I miss the configure,
and I cannot generate it with autoconf. Is it normal ?

>> Since pingus is not rendered nicely on powerpc arch due to some
>> clanlib 0.6.5 little endian bug, I wonder what would be the point of
>> correcting stuff in clanlib 0.6.5 whereas 0.7.8 has been released.
>
>The endian issues are just a handfull of lines of code, pretty easy to
>fix, doesn't really hurt to try to fix them in 0.6.5.

OK, so here is my patch. It may contains some of the debian's patch, I
tried to remove them but some may be remaining. The debian patch for
endianness is partly wrong (endianness is managed twice for the same
bytes, which leads to wrong results).

The part that I don't like is that one of my modif (CL_Color class) is
nearly equivalent of what exists in clanlib 0.7.8.

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail