New todo list for LCT

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: New todo list for LCT
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:22:41 +0200

Hi,
since the login system is somewhat complete now (there's just one point I've
just found that is missing), I'll try to write a small todo-list for the LCT
(on base of the one David wrote some time ago).

These features are not implemented yet:

1. decide on meaningfull difficulty (current value div 10, new range from
1-10?) 2. send mails to the level author anytime a comment is submitted
3. possibility to change users password in case he/she forgot it
4. Save comments in the database instead of the filesystem
5. send mails with new comments to the list so we can e.g. mark playable levels as such 6. a click on "play" should not lead to the level file but instead a php script should send compress the level file on the fly and send it out.
  Storing them gzipped on the server makes syncing with svn quite hard.
7. a "+" get's converted to %2B which is ugly
8. gain the right to W3C XHTML/CSS and Anybrowser logos

I've tried to priorize the tasks sensible. But I still have some questions:
on 1.: has there already been such a decision? Is this implemented in the level
editor? It would be quite simple to take value div 10 if value is > 10. But
will it be correct for all levels?

on 6.: how is the file extension for compressed levels? .pingus.gz?

on 7.: When and where does that happen?

on 8.: Has anybody done this already? I never did and don't know how the
procedure is...

Greetings

Björn