Format of actions (was: Re: Level Comment Tool online - could be of inte

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Format of actions (was: Re: Level Comment Tool online - could be of interest to leveldesigners)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:25:03 +0200

A question:
Why is it that in some levels, the options are numbered by questionmarks?
(i.e. http://pingus.seul.org/level_comment_tool/index.php?c=playable&l=desert2 )

I looked at this and fount that the actions are formatted inconsistently.

Most levels have:
--------------------------
<action-list>
   <basher count="10"/>
   <bridger count="10"/>
   <climber count="1"/>
   <floater count="1"/>
</action-list>
--------------------------

This ist being displayed correctly in LCT.

Some levels do it like this:
-------------------------
<action-list>
   <basher>2</basher>
   <blocker>5</blocker>
   <bridger>20</bridger>
   <climber>5</climber>
   <digger>5</digger>
   <floater>5</floater>
</action-list>

That causes the questionmarks. What format is being interpreted by pingus, both? If yes I'll make the LCT do this too. Else we should fix the level files...

Greetings

Björn